top of page

Applying for the 30 hours funding

Who is eligible?

• They earn or expect to earn the equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum or Living Wage over the coming three months.

• This equates to £120 a week (or c.£6,000 a year) for each parent over 25 years old or £112.80 a week (or c.£5,800 a year) for each parent between 21 and 24 years old and £56 a week for apprentices in their first year.

• The parent (and their partner where applicable) should be seeking the free childcare to enable them to work.

• Where one or both parents are on maternity, paternity, shared parental or adoption leave, or if they are on statutory sick leave.

• Where one parent meets the income criteria and the other is unable to work because they are disabled, have caring responsibilities or have been assessed as having limited capability to work.

• Income of less than £100,000

Go to

scroll down to the 30 hours funding box

Click on apply now and follow the instructions.

Click on 4. Apply or sign in

Click on the green box to begin the application and then follow the instructions

If your child is eligible you will receive an online confirmation letter with an eligibility code on.
Note down the eligibility code as you will need to take the code to the nursery for them to be able to be able to access the funding. You will also need to give them your national insurance number and your child’s date of birth. You will be asked to complete a parent declaration form which can be emailed to you or can be collected from the nursery.

Applying for Two Year Old Funding

Who is eligible for two year old funding?

If you receive one of the benefits listed below your child may be eligible:

  • Child Tax Credits, with an annual household income of no more than £16,190
  • Working Tax Credits, with an annual household income of no more than £16,190
  • Income Support
  • Income-based Job Seekers’ Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
  • support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Universal Credit

Children are also entitled to a free place if:

  • they are a Looked After Child
  • they have a current Statement of Special Educational Needs or an Education, Health  and Care Plan
  • they are in receipt of Disability Living Allowance
  • they have left care under a Special Guardianship Order, Child Arrangements Order or
  • an Adoption Order

To get an application form go to

bottom of page